The PT-40-TE projection chipset features individually packaged Red, Green and Blue LEDs, each with a monolithic emitting area of 3.9 mm2, and a wide aspect ratio.
PT-40 is designed for compact yet high performance lamp-free projection systems based on micro-displays ranging from 0.4" to 0.55" and more specifically optimized for Texas Instruments’ 0.45” WXGA DLP.
Like all Luminus projection LEDs, the PT-40 can be used with DLP®, LCoS and HTPS LCD micro-displays. PT-40 devices are available in chipset or individual colors for high performance illumination applications.
- 3.9 mm2 emitting area (2.4 mm x 1.6 mm )
- Typical dominant wavelengths: RED-AMBER 613 nm, GREEN 525 nm, BLUE 460 nm
- Large operating dynamic range with drive current up to 12A (pulsed operation)
- Single emitting area per color allows for collection with single lens for simplified optics
- Thermally efficient, metal-core printed circuit board (MCPCB) package with 0.7 °C/W thermal resistance
- Miniaturized footprint (21.85mm X 15.0mm), ultra-low profile design for compact light engines
Benefits & Applications
- Wide color gamut for vivid colors, exceeds NTSC
- Environmentally friendly technology: Mercury-free, RoHS compliant
- Instant start: no more wait time
- High reliability: no more lamp replacement
- Applications: Projection Displays, Head-Up Displays, Industrial and Medical Lighting, Machine Vision, Fiber-Coupled Illumination
Active Dominant Wavelength Chip Emitting Area Package Type & Dimensions
Max Drive Current
Lumen range at rated condition Red Amber: 613nm
2.4mm x 1.6mm MCPCB, 21.85mm x 15.0mm 16.2A* Red Amber: 800-1,100 lumens
Green: 1,500-2,100 lumens
Blue: 280-400 lumens at 460 nm
* Peak pulsed current operation.