The PT-54-TE projection chipset features individually packaged Red, Green and Blue LEDs, each with a monolithic emitting area of 5.4 mm2, and a 4:3 aspect ratio.
PT-54 TE is designed for projection systems based on micro-displays ranging from 0.4" to 0.55" and is an ideal light source for compact, high performance lamp-free mobile projectors.
Like all Luminus projection Big Chip LEDs, the PT-54 can be used with DLP®, LCoS and HTPS LCD micro-displays. PT-54 devices are available in chipset or individually for high performance illumination applications.
- 5.4 mm2 emitting area (2.7 mm x 2.0 mm )
- Typical dominant wavelengths: GREEN 525 nm, BLUE 460 nm
- Large operating dynamic range with drive current up to 16.2A (pulsed operation)
- Single emitting area per color allows for collection with single lens for simplified optics
- Thermally efficient, metal-core printed circuit board (MCPCB) package (26.5mm X 16.0mm footprint) with 0.7 °C/W thermal resistance
Benefits & Applications
- Wide color gamut for vivid colors, exceeds NTSC
- Environmentally friendly technology: Mercury-free, RoHS compliant
- Instant start: no more wait time
- High reliability: no more lamp replacement
- Applications: Projection Displays, Specialty, Industrial and Medical Lighting
Typical dominant wavelengths: GREEN 525nm, BLUE 460nm, and RED-AMBER 613nm.
Active Dominant Wavelength Chip Emitting Area Package Type & Dimensions Max Drive Current Lumen range at rated condition Red Amber: 613nm
2.7mm x 2.0mm MCPCB, 26.5mm x 16.0mm 16.2A* Red Amber: 1,125 -1,450 lumens
Green: 2,000-2,700 lumens
Blue: 375-550 lumens at 460 nm
* Peak pulsed current operation.